Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, May 20, 2011

FRIDAYS mean .... A DAY FOR DAISIES NEW RELEASES!!!!



This week I have another set of fairy tale images to share with you......

CINDERELLA and the tiny glass slipper:



I made a waterfall card, with each of the three images in the CAS technique.
The first image is of Cinderella losing her shoe while running down the stairs at the stroke of midnight. The image is coloured in Copics, coloured pencils and OMS, with crystal Stickles highlights.



The second image is of the glass slipper, which is 3D decoupage. The top layer of the slipper is double heat embossed, first with crystal clear embossing powder, and then with clear UTEE, to which I added some crystal powdered glitter. A crystal acrylic rhinestone is the embellishment on this one.


http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
The third image is of the Prince discovering that the tiny glass slipper fits! The image is coloured using Copics, coloured pencils and OMS. I added a teeny tiny rhinestone (nail art gem) as a button on the Prince's sleeve, and accentuated the tiny glass slipper with some crystal Stickles. Did you notice those little mice down in the corner under Cinderella's chair - aren't they just too cute?

The backing paper I used is from a Docrafts Papermania pack called "Birdsong" - a selection of 25 sheets of the most beautiful designs. The ribbons on the pull-down tag were various bits found in my stash.

These three beautiful images are not the only ones in the set - there are LOADS more! Click HERE to see them all.

1 comment:

  1. Jen, your waterfall card is stunning and an excellent way to display a group of images within the same collection. I did check out the whole cinderilla collection from 'a day for daises' and would have to agree that this is an amazing set. I adore the colours that you've used in your cinda's dress as it looks so vibrit and the layering of the shoe is great. Jen you truly are an asset to any design team. Thanks for sharing this wonderful creation. Love and all that stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!