Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Saturday, March 23, 2013

INSPIRED BY A RAINBOW ... A NEW CHALLENGE AT BUGABOO STAMPS' CATCH THE BUG BLOG

  My awful countdown has started ..... it's now only 6 days till our oldest son Nick leaves to go to live and work in Singapore for a year!!!  He leaves on Friday, 29 (my baby is only 23 years old!) and although I am immensely proud that he is one of only two of his company's employees chosen to attend the work study programme in Singapore, I am going to miss him!!!    Not one day in his 23 years of life have gone by without me seeing him, he is a ray of sunshine to us all here, and that sunshine will surely be missed while he is away!  

.... anyway, enough miserable rambling from me for today ....

 This week's challenge at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug blog is to use this photograph as your inspiration:


and this how I interpreted it (no surprises why, hey?!):


Perhaps I will sneak this card into his luggage for him to find when he unpacks his bags in Singapore ... he'll know how much I'll miss him.

The image featured on my card is the umbrella from Mini Set - Spring Stuff, that I coloured using alcohol markers. The flowers on the umbrella are Glossy Accents coated.


I chose a free background from the internet and positioned the png version of the image directly onto it before printing.  Teardrop shaped gems in the rainbow colours were stuck onto the corresponding colour stripes.  A green satin ribbon and bow threaded through a red heart shaped button and a computer generated sentiment were added.

I think this card reminds me of all those Spring Showers (and makes me feel a little sad as I love Spring! but here in South Africa we are officially four days into Autumn).

Here is the link to where you can find the challenge, and also the fabulously talented Bugaboo Dt's inspiration projects too.

Just by entering you stand in line to win a FANTASTIC Bugaboo digi pack  
you can't winit if you're not init!

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:



14 comments:

  1. Jen, great card. Love the image. Thanks for joining our Button Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Love the raindrops.
    {I would love you to take part in my 500 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card. Really love it! Thanks for joining us at Scrap it with a song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Your coloring is impeccable and I love the touch of gems. Hugs to you while your son is away! :( Thanks for playing along in our "Easter/Spring" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card.Just love the background along with the colour coordinated gems.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card - very pretty! Thanks for linking up with us at Scrap it with a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute card Jen. thanks for playing along with us at Created with Love Challenges.
    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear. My heart goes out to you. Having your 'baby' so far away is definitely going to be a tough one. As soon as I saw the card, my heart wrenched a bit. Beautiful card but I imagine there may have been a few tears in creating it. Thanks so much for joining us in our current challenge over at Digi Darla's. I hope that you will continue to enter into our future challenges. Good luck with the separation from your oldest son.

    Lisa D., Digi Darla's Challenges, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it--yummy colors, love the design & gloss! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card. Fabulous image and colours. Thanks for joining us at the PCJ cchallenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is a great take on the challenge, and I love Bugaboo images. And how fun that you matched the gems to the rainbow stripes. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card and fits our challenge perfectly! Thanks for joining us at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jen, your beautifully colored and textured umbrella looks fabulous on this wonderful rainbow-inspired card. Lovin' those raindrop gems too! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "Buttons AND Bows" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colors are amazing! You did a great job! Thanks for joining us at Scrap it With a Song!
    !

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!