Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, June 10, 2011

FRIDAYS mean .... A DAY FOR DAISIES NEW RELEASES!!!!

One of the fabulous sets released today is ...

This weeks new releases "It's A New Day"! What a great time of year, the sun is out and the bees are busy...its the perfect time get inspired! The New Blog challenge for this round is to try something bran new. The Design Team has been hard at work trying something we have never tried before using this week's new images! We hope you all get inspired and try something new too!

and this is the card I made :

I used the image called "New Hat" and the new technique I tried was to embroider the hat onto the card, using a needle and raffia. I have used this technique before but on much easier square baskets, so to try this on irregular shapes was a challenge. But it worked! The image was coloured using monochromatics, just a two Copics were used, as I wanted to highlight the hat and the technique.

These beautiful images are not the only ones in the set - there are LOADS more! Click HERE to see them all.

Be sure to enter the challenge on the blog by clicking here to show us what you can come up with.

luv n huggz
jen

1 comment:

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!