Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, February 4, 2011

FRIDAY IS A DAY FOR DAISIES DAY - YAY!

Every Friday I get to show you a creation made with one of Tammy's gorgeous new releases and there is a bonus today, because it's also the start of a new challenge.



So to start with, here is the DT card I made with one of the newly released images
I used the image of the Heart Bird Bath and coloured in very pale tones (green and lavender) and used a white cardstock bckground that was embossed using a Cuttlebug folder as I thought the bird was very appropriate! I just LOVE that folder!




The image was popped up on foam blocks, as were the little birds from the image that were cut out from the original image and individually placed.

Oh I love the white on white look!

And then the second card I'd like to show you is my DT card for the ADFD challenge where you are asked to use metal or metallics on your creation.



For this card I used another of the new releases, the watering can which actually had an image of strawberries on it - now hidden by the little metallic flowers. I tipped the image on its sde to give the impression that showers of little flowers were falling on the embossed flower border below.

The beads and sequins were sewn on, and the really teeny tiny flowers are nail art decorations that were stuck onto the card using the nail glue that was supplied with the pack of multicolour nail art goodies.

I am not done yet ...

The card you see below is one I made with the A Day for Daisies freeebie available this month in the Monthly Card game. Why don't you hop on over and join the group, grab the freebie and then you'll have no excuse not to join in on the challenge or on the Monthly Card Game, prizes for both of which will be images from Tammy's Store.



Here are some handy links that you may find useful :

Click here for the A Day for Daisies Store
Click here for the Challenge Blog
Click here to join A day for Daisies on CDAC
Click here to join A Day for Daisies on PCP
Click here to join A Day for Daisies on SSC

3 comments:

  1. Jen just letting you know it is very hard to read your post, the art work is fabulous...the color of the font just blends in, maybe it is me, maybe I need glasses. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen disregard the last comment, it had not finished loading lol, maybe I need a brain, have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eerst proficiat als de designer.
    en je kaarten zien er leuk uit.

    groetjes karin

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!