Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, September 19, 2021

The Outlawz Songs & Rhymes Challenge

 

The new challenge over at The Outlawz Songs & Rhymes Challenge has just started and this is my DT card.

Here is the poem to inspire you

As I swing, as I swing,
Here beneath my mother’s wing,
Here beneath my mother’s arm,
Never earthly thing can harm.
Up and down, to and fro,
With a steady sweep I go,
“Come away with me, my dear!
In the tiger-lily’s cup
Sweetest honey we will sup.”
Go away, you velvet thing!
I must swing! I must swing!

As I swing, as I swing,
Butterfly comes fluttering,
“Little child, now come away
’Mid the clover-blooms to play;
Clover-blooms are red and white,
Sky is blue and sun is bright.
Why then thus, with folded wing,
Sit and swing, sit and swing?”

As I swing, as I swing,
Oriole comes hovering.
“See my nest in yonder tree!
Little child, come work with me.
Learn to make a perfect nest,
That of all things is the best.
Come! nor longer loitering
Sit and swing, sit and swing!”

As I swing, as I swing,
Though I have not any wing,
Still I would not change with you,
Happiest bird that ever flew.
Butterfly and honey-bee,
Sure ’t is you must envy me,
Safe beneath my mother’s wing
As I swing, as I swing.

The image on my card is from the prize sponsor


  Createful Heart Designs
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Createfulheartdesign

To create my card I coloured the image with alcohol markers 


and also used the following

white CS card base, blue CS mats, designer paper, metal charm, brads, twine

luv'n huggz

Jen Leeflang

I would like to enter the following challenges


CRAFTY CALENDAR, ANYTHING GOES, 28/9

CREATEFUL HEART, ANYTHING GOES, 20/10

SHEEPSKI DESIGNS, BOYS AND GIRLS COME OUT TO PLAY, 30/9

CRAFTY CREATIONS, ANYTHING GOES, 4/10

CRAFTY SENTIMENTS, ANYTHING GOES, 20/9

THROUGH THE CRAFT ROOM DOOR, ANYTHING GOES, 21/9

A PLACE TO START, PATTERNED PAPER PLEASE,  4/10

GET CREATIVE, ANYTHING GOES, 30/9

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute card and love the way it's been put together. Thank you for joining in with this weeks challenge at TTCRD. Debbie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card it's really lovely thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, hello, Jen! So nice to se one of your projects in my challenge! Beautiful work, as always! I just love the bird-themed pattern paper. Thanks for a wonderful response to our challenge this month at A Place To start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah,
    A Place To Start, Owner
    613 Avenue Create, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    Shopping Our Stash, DT
    The Color of Cards, Owner

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!