Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, January 7, 2011

BEAUTIFUL NEW RELEASES AND A NEW CHALLENGE AT "A DAY FOR DAISIES"

Yip, it's Friday again, and time for Tammy's new releases at A DAY FOR DAISIES.

This week we have had the most BEAUTIFUL ballet images to showcase, and this is one of the cards I made with a sitting ballerina ...



This, and a host of other beautiful, related images will soon be available in the shop .... and there is a $2 bonus buy for you too - you'll love that one! (there are some handy links at the bottom of this post for you to use)

The image was coloured using regular coloured pencils, neon coloured pencils and OMS, in my special technique, and some beads and sequins have been stitched directly onto the card, using invisible thread.

The image was cut out on a Nellies Choice Oval die and a spray of roses and a lush pink organza bow added. The background papers are all off cuts from my "too nice to throw out" box, and the silver corners are stick-ons.

Then, as a bonus, there is a new challenge on the blog ...

Theme: "A fresh coat of paint"
A new year and a clean slate, lets give our cards a fresh coat of paint! Get away from last years colored pencils and markers and dip our brushes into wet, fabulous, paint! Try something new!..............and this is the card I made ...




I coloured my ADFD imge using four different shades of brown and bronze eye shadows, using a cotton bud (Q-tip)! Isn't it fabulous! And then, because I love the bronw and turquoise color combination and don't often get to use it, I added blue embellishments like the beads, and ribbon etc.! I think i will try this technique some more, using different colour eye shadows, to experiment what the outcome will be.

If you would like to try "a fresh coat of paint" and to take part in the challenge ... please to jump over to the challenge blog, where you can get more details. (there are some handy links at the bottom of this post for you to use)

I would love to see how you interpret the challenge... and I challenge you to try it - I won't even mind if you try my idea of using eye shadows .. it's not that difficult to do and the blending of colours is a cinch!

here are some handy links for you ...

Click here for the A Day for Daisies Store
Click here for the Challenge Blog
Click here to join A day for Daisies on CDAC
Click here to join A Day for Daisies on PCP
Click here to join A Day for Daisies on SSC

PS ... this won't be my last post for the day ... come back to my blog to find out more exciting details about a BLOG HOP!

love, as always,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!