Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, November 16, 2010

MIDNIGHT MADNESS SKETCH CHALLENGE #80


Midnight Madness time again!

My card this week for the sketch challenge has been made using an image from A Day for Daisies, available in their store here.

This really beautiful image has been coloured using my water colour pencils and odourless spirits. The open oval shape in the centre has been filled with some paper roses, leaves and stamens. The embossed paper in the background was made using a Cuttlebug embossing folder and my Spellbinder Wizard. A few sequins, beads and rhinetones have been handsewn onto the card.

The ribbons were made using the "fork" method to ensure that they all the same size and shape. You can check out the technque here.

The Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge is great and I never like to miss it each week. If you would like to participate in the challenge, please click here.

IF you would like to join Crafters Digital Art Centre to join the "A Day for Daisies" and many other fabulous groups, please click here.

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment below.

6 comments:

  1. Jen, this is super gorgeous. Love the beautiful colors, and your perfectly colored image is devine! Great job with this sketch!

    Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

    Denise P.
    MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello JanLee - this is gorgeous! I love the image and the fabulous colouring you have done! What gorgeous embellishing Jen! I am loving this! Thank you for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we love to see you! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card and beautiful image! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    http://www.metrobloggen.se/paltbarn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi JenLee!
    This is superpretty! Love the colorcombo and the flowers!
    Those tiny little bows are gorgeous!

    Thank you so much for joining in on our challenge. We really appriciate your support and hope to see you again next week.

    Mvh
    Gunn
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello JenLee, this is just super gorgeous! The purple and red look fabulous with your image and I just adore your flowers! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, ! love seeing your creations!
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    MMSC-DT, PSDT

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!